To remove scratches from your watch is pretty easy task. You do not have to be a watchmaker or you do not need any special tools for scratch removal of your acrylic watch crystal. You just need 5-10 minutes of your time, a little bit focusing and tender loving care to polishing crystal.
So what do you need then to accomplish polishing task? All necessary "tools" are shown in main picture. You just need to purchase Polywatch, cleaning and/or polishing cloth and the watch of course. We used different cloth to rubbing Polywatch to crystal and wiping off.
Here is the scratch removal procedure explained and illustrated step by step:
1. Check where scratches are located. We had bigger scratched in the middle Of Nivada watch crystal and slight scratches around crystal.
2. Apply Polywatch to the watch crystal.
3. Use a piece of cotton wool and polish the scratched areas for 2-3 minutes with great pressure at a right angle to the scratches. Deep scratches need to be treated more than once.
4.Finally, remove any remaining Polywatch with a cloth.
How Polywatch works:
- The plastic glass is very slightly dissolved and ground down by tiny abrasive particles
- The edges of the scratch marks are then smoothed off
- The cracks filled in with some of the original plastic from the watch crystal
Now it is your time to try watch crystal polishing! This is easy way to get your acrylic crystal to the original condition. After polishing crystal looks like new. Note that Polywatch is working only for acrylic (plastic) crystals. It is not working for mineral and sapphire crystals!
You can find Polywatch from our online store: https://www.timemachine.fi/en/product/polywatch-watch-crystal-polish
Check review video on Youtube about Polywatch: